Ear Plugs or Head Phones?

Sep

Mood: Psyched!

Good day, minna-hun~!

I bought a new PSP slim and got a reasonable deal; inclusive of the pouch, screen protector, 2 great programs and jam as many free games as the memory card can accommodate.

I was also given a pair of free ear plugs which are kind of cute~

For as long as I know, I have been using earphones headphones instead of plugs simply because I think they are loud and cool.

However earphones headphones can be quite uncomfortable and very straining to the ears and head. With that, for a change — perhaps using earplugs is much better especially for long hours of gaming (doubt that I can play for too long though).

So out of excitement, I showed my mother the free pair of earplugs and asked if she thinks it’s cute.

“Why, that’s cute,” she said as she picked up from my hand to have a closer look.

“Looks like M&Ms right?” I grinned.

“Yes it does. So you’re going to use this when playing your PSP?”

“Yup. Of course!”

“But don’t you think it’s too small? What if someone hit you in the head and it gets stuck into your ears?” she frowned a little.

” . . . “ →

*Imagines having the plugs in ears and accidentally falls of the bed and POP! The plugs gets stuck*

” . . . “ →  (Shivers)

Mum gave me back the earplugs and sighed, “You better not use it…”

After she introduced me to her concern, I suddenly developed a paranoia for earplugs… Seriously!

Have you ever see or imagine this could happen to you or anybody!? By far no happenings that I have heard of but it does sound very possible.

Oh well…

The size seems like the standard size however… I never imagined such an incident may occurred but it’s too late.. The horror has been instilled. <´•___•`>

I guess… It’s best I stick to earphones headphones until this new paranoia fades away.

Anyway, which do you prefer?

Ear/headphones or earplugs? <^-^>/

And if your earplugs ever drilled into your brains by accident, how would you react? Do you think you’ll remember this post and well… My mum’s advice? (Laughs)

This entry was posted on Saturday, September 24th, 2011 at 8:18 pm and is filed under Ms Aya's Papers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1.  littleyue
September 24th, 2011 at 8:55 pm

D: I use earplug all the time before I got my first pair of earphone! But I never worry that earplug will drill into my brain.. haha Lets hope it will not happen to me forever..

2.  Mizuki
September 25th, 2011 at 11:48 am

:O Your mother’s “advice” … It’s leaving me speechless, lol. I rather use head phones, because I think I read an article talking about how earphones and earplugs are worse for your ears as the speaker thing is inside your ears, and can damage the ear drum, whilst headphones dont do much damage… :/

3.  Dino-chan
September 25th, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Like Mizuki said, Earphones and earplugs are worse for your ears. unless you didn’t increased the volume nearly/to the max.

For long term usage, use headphone instead~ :) Since you are using it for playing games. And get one with sponge on top of it. At least that can be as a temporarily shield for your ears.

MP3 player for example, I guess you will use it only for 1-2 hours deshou? That’s why earphones are okay with that. As for games, dame da ne….Sheep installed more than 1 games darou XD ~~~~

If you want to use that M&M earplugs for your PSP, is okay too. (If you are out of budget to buy one)Just adjust the volume accordingly, example, if the max is 20, maybe you adjust it to 4 ? ~ You just want the atmosphere while playing it dake ^_^ ~ Not jamming session LOL!!!!

Hope it helps you to decide one!

PS: Headphones? GET PINK!

4.  Dino-chan
September 25th, 2011 at 9:21 pm

But as a friend, better buy headphone LOL~~~~ I dunno how to explain it but….our brain (I think) have some sort of liquid thingy which helps you to hear sound/voice in balance?

Due to crazy usage of earphones last time, my balance of hearing is out sometimes,~ ended up I heard echoes whenever ppl talking and speaker went out of tune (for radio)~

September 26th, 2011 at 6:22 am

My apologies everyone!
Before reading your comments, I actually thought earphones and headphones were the same!

So I googled and found out they were indeed, different. (-__-)

Stupid stupid sheep! (Cries)

———–

Dear Lil Yue

Yea, sounds like a freak accident don’t you think? (Shivers)

It’s not a cool way to get MC! (OAO)
And definitely not a cool way to die! (x__x)

———————–

Dear Mizuki

Agreed. Although earplugs doesn’t strain the earlobes as much as ear and headphones does, I was told by a friend that he got an ear infection from using plugs before.

As Dino-chan has mentioned, we have wax in our ears so we should clean our plugs regularly to prevent infection.

——————————-

I have a white headphone.. I think it’s called a headphone… Wait.. let me check!

*checks*

Ah! Headphone indeed!

Demo ne, I like to lie down on the bed and play games so it’s quite uncomfortable to wear headphones when doing so. Dakara, I thought of using earplugs until mum mentioned the horror of plugs stuck in the ears. (Tears)

And my confession is… I like to jack up the volume so high. :p

Maybe 1 day sheep will also be hearing echoes like Dino-chan.

Wahahahahaha!

Oh yes! Dino-chan has a DS right? Do you play Hakuouki kana?

6.  Mei
September 26th, 2011 at 6:29 am

Wow, I have never heard of someone refusing to wear earphone because they’re afraid they’ll get drilled into their ear.

I wear earphones all the time. Honestly, I find them not very portable. Earphones can be easily stored away while headphones take quite a bit of space. Plus the earphones I have also act as earplugs so I can listen to my music in peace. :)

September 26th, 2011 at 6:37 am

Dear Mei

Thanks to my mum! (x__x) How could she think of such a thing! Grr!

Oh, good point. Earplugs are easier to keep and takes less space. But for some people, they leave their headphones over their shoulders. XD

It gets in the way sometimes though… Guess for guys it’s no big deal. We girls wear necklaces, scarfs, handbags and let our hair loose so yea… gets tangled… (x__x)

8.  Mizuki
September 27th, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Unfortunately I have a friend who has earplugs with the volume cranked up at high, that even when I’m sitting two seats away from her, taking a nap, I can hear her music playing loudly O____O

September 27th, 2011 at 11:21 pm

My Steel Series headset always on standby at my desktop for my gaming ‘events’ LOL …

Prefer headphones over earplugs ….

10.  Mutlu
September 28th, 2011 at 8:45 am

it’d be funny to see that really happen and awkward a bit :)

well, i use ear plugs for 4-5 years. i use them all the time, while walking, studying, watching things on pc(even movies), even gaming sometimes, lying down and sleeping from time to time till the morning and it didn’t stick into my ears never ever. so it’d be safe if you use them.

at the other hand, while using ear plugs, you need to unplug them for a few maybe 10 seconds from time to time(i don’t know, once in 30 or 40 minutes i guess) because without enough air, there will be thousand times more bacteria in ears. and you need to clean your ears regularly. besides of this, thanks to the isolation of the plugs, you can hear more with lower sound levels, so it saves battery and it’ll be more enjoyable to listen. but you need to balance sound level carefully, because if you make level too high, it can give more damage than normal earphones. by the way, again thanks to the sound isolation of plugs, sound coming from things around you won’t bother you while listening and if you don’t go with too high volumes, people around you can’t hear what you listen. i think this is the best part of it.

but really you have a cute pair of ear plugs, try to not eat them accidentally, be carefull ;)