Mood: Yippee with a big yawn

Hey-o everyone.

By right, sheep is supposed to retire from blogging and apparently a lot of you were sad about it. *Aw*

Well I am not here to eat back my words, though very tempted as I really love blogging and you peeps are so fun to meddle with. (Laughs)

Anyway right now I am here to announce that I’ve received an e-mail from imodelsholding. Another invitation, you say?

Nay…

They want to press charges on PaperDiaries because of my blog entry about them  → Click Here to read

The said e-mail which I received this evening. ↓

To which I replied ↓

Dear Dove,
I will not remove my blog post on your modeling agency.

In this blog entry, it started out as a question and curiosity about modeling agencies (such as yours) that operate alike, followed by information and testimonials I happened to find online, precautions and feedbacks from my readers.

Since I did come across your modeling agents, I decided to include your agency’s name, otherwise the information on my blog will be just as invalid as your additional reason regarding my post that was based on other sources and not entirely my own experience.

While it is true I did not go over to your office to fully witness and learn your agency’s operation, it is however my right to surf online and gather information about any agencies before deciding to commit myself — in which turned out I received nothing but negative remarks on your company.

And in defense of my readers and those who stumble onto such information, they deserve to know whether an agency is authentic as we are all very well aware of scams happening in all sorts of forms. (somebody has to get the information out there, nay?)

In other words, I viral the information I found, noted that I’ve seen your agents in Bugis and Orchard, and emphasized the safety and precaution steps for those who aspire to be models.

“I could be wrong about i Models Holdings since I’ve not personally been for the interview. This entry is based on what I’ve found online and if you have landed on this post through search engines, then it must mean you are also seeking for information regarding this subject — In other words, it’s just like what I’m doing — Scouting for information before making any moves.

All in all, this entry is directed to agencies that could turn out to be scams or at the very least — misleading in their promises. I’m mostly trying to stress the point about keeping your guards up to such approaches.”

As quoted above from my blog post, I believe I am being very fair in my research and have urged my readers that they may go for your try outs with a promise of being careful and wise.

Do know, prior to releasing this blog entry to the public eyes, I tried searching online to prove myself wrong about your agency but to no avail. Until today, all I read is ‘scam’.

Your ill reputation were reconfirmed by my readers (some of your former recruits) in my comment’s section. I cannot force them to apple polish your operation; everything is as it appears and many were not happy with your agency apparently.

I bet you, if I were to have attended your interview and was gravely dissatisfied with your service, I would come home and blog about it and your agency will find a way to penalize me somehow. So please do not give the excuse that blogging and spreading information I’ve found is not valid and usable hence should be removed.

I know your company is trying to defend the reputation however requesting to remove people’s opinions on your company will not help. My readers and myself — we do not fancy fibbing.

For now, this is my defense and I stand by it.

Ms Aya from PaperDiaries.com
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Visit Ms.Aya at http://paperdiaries.com

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

If there are more replies, sheep shall add it to this post and keep it updated for all of you.

For the time being, what do you fellas think?
Is sheep in the wrong here?

What would you say or do if you are in this situation?

*Updates! – 22nd July 2011*

Got a reply from imodels.

Very lengthy indeed… And the legitimacy is questionable too. <=__=>

Mmm… I think it will be pointless to reply with the same length of paragraphs because ultimately — I won’t remove my blog post.

Baa… Can I just reply as the following? ↓

Remove post?

Hahaha… No. <^-^>

Sounds like a troller, nay? XD

Wakakakakaka~

Anyway, I posted the above e-mail in no means to harm their reputation but instead, to convey their message to others. Well.. Why conservatively share the details with me when you should be explaining your operation to the many unhappy peeps in the comments area, right? <u__u>

This entry was posted on Monday, July 11th, 2011 at 7:49 pm and is filed under Ms Aya's Papers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1.  Axile
July 11th, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I wouldn’t delete it either, if I was in your situation.

Besides, you never confirmed anything. You even wrote:

“How true is this?

I have no idea. ”

You just presented your research that was based on the experience of others.

And the warnings, dos and donts were pointed to ALL model agencies that exists.

So yaaahhh. That’s just MY opinion. Hope they don’t sue me! Heheheheheheheh!

Stay firm, Ms. Aya! ^^

PS: LOOOOOL @ iModelsHolding’s double “Regards, Dove” in the end of the email! ;p

2.  bubuchacha
July 11th, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I adore you for being firm and for fighting for what you believe is true.

dont let them dictate you nor allow them to make you doubt yourself.

if life would always be sugarcoated, people would be lost in the comforts of lies.

3.  Circle
July 12th, 2011 at 12:24 am

“Visit Ms.Aya at http://paperdiaries.com” !

“Baa…I want to be an influential and informative blogger~! /”

Suuuuuuuuuuugoi ! /”

Heyaaaa~!
I just read your article on them !
It seems pretty much how many model agencies works today. :/
I had quite a strange story with a guy working in a child model agency, he asked me to stop school and come to Paris (my parents were living 600 miles), I was 15. How I met this guy ? He slept with my girlfriend which was 12. Strange world~! Strange World~!
But I learned a lot about how they works, looks like what you point in your article.
To all the people who are claimed for their look or whatever: do not forget there is no cheap works, and no matter how amazing you can look, be careful about who contact you, trace their history, feedbacks.
Anyway, you’ve done the right thing to do. Internet is a place where people say what they think and it should continue to do like this. You’re not a commercial, a brand or a professionnal, so there are no laws which forbid you to tell what you think. The only one who can say anything are your provider and the blogging service you use, and your partners (like ads), but if you never broke any of their rules, they can’t say you anything.
What they could do is to call your job or speak ill to other agencies in order to make your job research harder. It won’t be good for their etiquette.
I’m happy that Sheep didn’t agreed to some kind of agreements !
I wasn’t wrong saying you’re a warrior !
In your situation ? I would have said “Fame doesn’t grow by itself”
What societies loves the most is to make think people that they’re wrong. That’s mean !

4.  madq
July 15th, 2011 at 1:37 am

One thing that I found out recently was that there is a plug-in for firefox that notifies you whenever keywords that you specified are mentioned in the internet. So for example, if you input paperdiaries. Anytime paperdiaries is written about, you will be notified. The internet is not very anonymous anymore it seems.

July 15th, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Dear Axile

If they do send you an e-mail stating they want to sue you, let me know.

To sue you for nodding… that will be a total joke… (=__+)

—————-

Dear BubuChacha

We both stand up for the good. You care for animals a lot, right? So much so that you become a vegetarian and refuse to take products that were tested on animals/contain animal elements.

—————————–

Dear Circle

Scams approach to people in various forms and they prey on people’s desperation in which disgust me the most.

Grr!

PS: Slept together at the age of 12!? (o_O) Uh… that’s…so….quick…

————————————

Dear MadQ

So can we call it a ‘Ninja Detector”? XD

6.  Circle
July 15th, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Yeah, he was around 22. x)
I’m usued to people having affairs very young, they’re all around me ! /≤≥A≤≥/ Even more now that I’m working in a school !
I think I’m kind of old fashioned for this stuff. But I prefer to in a way. :3

7.  Mei
July 17th, 2011 at 3:14 am

Seems to me that modeling agency is afraid of your blog. I looked back at that past entry, and I can understand why they’re trying to get rid of it. There’s about 90 comments to that post claiming that it is indeed a scam.

I have a feeling that those so called ‘charges’ are nothing more than a bluff. Furthermore, all the things you have said are backed up by believable evidence. As far as my knowledge of the law goes, I don’t think they have any jurisdiction to sue you.

Then again, I could always be wrong. I’m not familiar with the law over at Malaysia.

Though that doesn’t mean there’s no need for caution. The business is very much like a shark tank. I can imagine that agency can pay for good lawyers with all the money they scam out of those girls.

What I would do is research whether they’re capable of suing and on what grounds.

8.  madq
July 19th, 2011 at 1:47 am

I was wondering how did they find out about the post?

9.  Circle
July 22nd, 2011 at 10:41 pm

They’re wasting lot of money for pointless causes.
Looks like they got cornered and can’t escape, now they try to get out of this by any way.
You should just ignore them, you must not be involved in their problems.

10.  Alex Lee
July 27th, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Maybe you should consider removing their name instead of removing the whole post? No point getting yourself into this kind of trouble for a little pride.

July 27th, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Dear MadQ

They must have Googled their agency only or someone informed them. Who knows. I think it’s the former.

————————-

Dear Circle

Am ignoring their e-mail. XD Sheep is too preoccupied with offline things at the moment. So yea. XD

—————————-

Dear Alex

You know… I might resort to that if this drags on to the wrong side. (o_O)

Thanks for suggesting that. XD

It’s a good idea!

12.  Ariel
September 13th, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Hi there, I’ve been with iModels, and they’re fine. When I was first approached by one of their scouts, I was doubtful as well. But since then I’ve done a couple of freelance projects through them, and it’s all good.

Yes, you do have to pay quite a hefty sum for your portfolio, but if you complete a reasonable number of projects, you eventually earn it back. I would say the money isn’t that great (at least for freelancers like myself… I’m not sure about the contract models), but I do it just for the experience and the fun of it. They even provide free training sessions every few weeks, on how to pose, how to catwalk, etc.

So in summary, iModels is NOT a scam, although it is expensive to start out with. But if you’re interested in learning from the experience, then I’d say go for it!

13.  Zhara
September 29th, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Good on you Aya, don’t take it down. I believe you’ve covered yourself anyway when you say this is just what you’ve read. Just like when a newspaper says “allegedly”. The real mystery is how imodelsholdings avoids being sued.

p.s. their second email is totally hilarious! thanks for sharing.

14.  Weilin
January 12th, 2012 at 1:58 pm

YOU GO GIRL! ;D

15.  BOBO
February 4th, 2012 at 2:50 pm

WOW! AWESOME COMMENTS I HAVE READ HERE..i was being approached by them yesterday at clementi mrt and now they ask me to come down for an interview. Thank you so much for all the precious comments being written here.:) super useful!!

16.  Abe
February 4th, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Babe,

Dun delete your blog. I think you have save me.

17.  Valkyrie
March 7th, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I would like to thank you for the two posts made regarding these model companies. I had been approached several times and they occurred at MRT stations. This time, I actually thinking of trying out something new since I was approached by a friendly lady from IModelHolding. She gave me her card and told me that her company is looking for freelance models. I somewhat “agree” because the impression of freelance is no commitment or anything (I am still schooling anyways, schedule is pretty tight as well but for me, it is still manageable), I feel like trying out something new because I do not have any experience with modeling. I mean it is like if you are been given a chance to learn something new while you are able to, why not? I rejected the first interview appointment today because I am not available and I am glad that I did some research since I am free at the moment. I came upon a decision for myself after reading your blog posts, and the decision is not to step in a world that you doesn’t belong in the first place, as mentioned earlier by a commenter, we ourselves know that whether we are capable of doing certain things a not. Self confidence is one thing, and another is capability. :) And I think I will not regret the choice I made today since my schooling journey is more of a interest than this. Cheers, girls! :)

18.  ConcernedYouth
June 6th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Hi Ms Aya,
Thanks for posting! Alot of youngsters will definitely be more wary of such agencies, and won’t be scammed!
And to readers out there, it seems that IModelsHoldings is on a recruiting spree of late. I’ve been approached twice at 2 separate locations in 2 days, and some of my friends tell me they’ve been approached as well. I’d advise that you think with a clear head even with all the flattering comments the scout dishes out about you and don’t give out sensitive contact information unless your extremely sure of the consequences!

19.  MonkeyChan
September 18th, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Wow! such a long response telling a story of their arch-nemesis “Eddie Goh” but sadly she fail to get her point through and indirectly called you ignorant,naive and influenced.
This is the internet, Deal with it iModelsHolding.
The company should not waste their time writting essays but to take your posts (and many other opinions+complaints) into their marketing strategy.
What to do. this is the Kia-Su people you are dealing with. kia-su enough to argue with the ordinary blogger.

September 29th, 2012 at 10:42 am

To put it simply, the agency is just pissed because they find it harder to recruit models and somehow think my blog post is responsible for the hardship. :/

Oh boy…

21.  Mirai
October 17th, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Hi Ms Aya, I chanced upon your blog while I was doing research on this company. Personally I was also conned into paying. T___T

Seeing how they have recently revamped themselves (through a “modelling” competition, which asks participants to pay exorbitant fees for training and grooming fees), I have blogged about my experiences to warn others.

I linked your post as one of my few “research” links, I hope you don’t mind. (The post I wrote is here: http://www.mirai-l.com/2012/10/girls-and-boys-beware-of-modelling-scams.html)

22.  potatotomato
August 16th, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I highly suspect all those comments praising imodels were written by imodels themselves.