The Sheep — Cooks?

Jan

Mood: Languid

Hello everyone~♥!

A short entry if you may~ \<^ε^>/

Sheep is not one who does the cooking in the house. I’m more of the ‘order’/'take out’ type. (Laughs)

But I don’t think I can keep doing that, can I? (Laughs nervously)

As a lady, I should know how to cook because well…For one, knowing how to cook is very handy and a life saver (not to mention, money saver as well). Home cooked food is the best and you can’t tire of it (Unless the home chef has a really horrible palate). In addition, much healthier and it saves you the trouble from having to go out for every meal!

It’s a good living skill~☆☆!

So anyway, I cooked my own meal last week~☆! ↓

It’s Beef and Bamboo in Oyster Sauce. Recipe from Whimsical Buddies blog.

I cooked this dish twice, with mum’s guidance. *Thanks Mummy dear*

Well this dish isn’t all that hard to cook. In fact, it’s very simple and quick for bums like me. <^-^>lll

The difficult part is the chopping board. There are methods on how you should cut your meat and vegetables. The size and thickness/thinness determines how well the food turns out. Don’t forget — Timing and precision as well. For kitchen virgins, you might be slow in slicing but if you cook often, you’ll get the hang out of it.

Baa~♪

Well…I’m going to dedicate my Sundays to cooking…most — of the Sundays. (Laughs nervously)

Sigh…

Actually, I’m pretty depressed at the moment and am trying to keep my mind occupied just so to escape certain thoughts. And this shouldn’t be an excuse to write a sloppy entry. I’m wasting everyone’s time, right?

Anyway, have a good week and — appreciate home cook food, ok? (Laughs)

Oh, if you do cook — can you spare any good tips for newbies like me? Like how to handle a knife and all that?

And if you aren’t a kitchen lover, well…When do you plan on learning how to cook and differentiate onions and garlics? <^∀^>/

Any funny or interesting kitchen stories?

Just for giggles… ↓

Night~♥

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 at 11:14 pm and is filed under Ms Aya's Papers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1.  Dino-chan
January 19th, 2011 at 9:25 am

Looks presentable and delicious! :) Should be smells good? Tabetai !!!!

How to handle a knife? Mmmm~ depend the size of the knife ne. To me, the most important thing is the knife must be sharp ;D ~ and if you having trouble chopping the meat/etc from the first chop, use the tip of the knife to create the chopping line! I does that all the time ;) Once the line created, you can cut it safely

Sometimes, pound the meat before cutting saves time ^^
=============
Funny kitchen story?

Was boiling the pasta ~ first time. I didn’t use metal but chopsticks made of plastic.
In the end, the chopsticks melted and was scolded by dad. LOL!!!!!!!!!
The edge of chopsticks can be a stand for it HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

January 19th, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Yeah, I think I seriously need to learn how to cook besides Maggi Mee

January 22nd, 2011 at 8:38 am

Sou ne…One day, please Dino-chan, show sheep how to cut meat! Sheep is quite an awful cutter! (;__; )
My mother said there’s a line we should follow when cutting a piece of meat however, sheep can’t see and recognize the lines!

Doe Dino-chan cook often kana?

Ehhh~~~~ You melted the chopsticks!? Sugei!

————————————

Dear Pix

Besides Maggi Mee AND spreading butter across bread. :p

Good luck in learning how to cook! Hahaha

4.  Dino
January 22nd, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Beef’s cutting line is much more visible than chicken’s in my opinion. ;X ~ I can’t see anything on chicken’s =.=”"”"”!!!!

;) often janakute, I can cook dake XD!~ especially when I’m forced to T_T~ or I’m hungry and there’s no food, I will just grab anything in the kitchen and start cooking.

yeah~ the chopsticks so ugly x_X poor chopsticks

January 23rd, 2011 at 11:33 am

Ehh…But you can buy readily cut chicken at the market right? XD Hahaha

Sou ka, at least Dino-chan is capable of cooking. (^v^)/ Unlike sheep who resorts to ordering junk food. (pizza, Mcdonalds..) (x__x)

6.  Dino
January 24th, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I cook for Sheep! :D dou?

January 25th, 2011 at 9:20 pm

DOZO! XD

8.  bubuchacha
January 27th, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Practice on the slicing part ms aya! When I was still a teeny little girl I always volunteer to slice the veggies (but not the meat, cause I dint like the smell of raw meat).

I dont know but for me, the preparation is equally important like the actual cooking process. When I’m eating or amateurishly “supervising” in the kitchen, I always chop the veggies thinly, and re-slice the badly chopped veggies. I have this perception that it adds to the goodness of the food! :)

January 30th, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Dear Bubuchacha

You sound like such a perfectionist. Could you be an A blood perhaps? (Laughs)

10.  bubuchacha
February 6th, 2011 at 9:02 am

Im type O Ms Aya!

Not really perfectionist, I guess Im more of an Obsessive Compulsive Type, wants everything organized :)