It’s Vintage, Dear~

Posted by: Ms Ayain Ms Aya's Papers, Tutorials
Nov
Ms Aya | Sheep

Mood: Hyper!

Good afternoon~!

Do you like the new blog layout~?

Looks very much like a diary, doesn’t it? (Laughs)

Many thanks to the awesome designer who created this lovely theme~!

For Blogspot users, you too can use this theme so do check out by clicking the above link. ↑

Well…The purpose of this blog entry is to share with you some goodies~

If you would like to give some of your photos the vintage and photo aging effect, I’ve found some really good and easy Photoshop tutorials that can guide you. <^ε^>

What I meant by the ‘Vintage‘ look is as shown as beneath. ↓

Vintage and Photo Aging Effect

(Laughs nervously) My first batch of self-made vintage photos… <^-^>lll

Will certainly try to make nicer ones in the future~! <^v^>/

Anyway…

Just so you can see the difference, here are the raw photos (before editing). ↓

It doesn’t take long to convert plain images to stunning and marvelous vintage photos. All it takes is some adjustments to the colors (make it yellowish) and then apply some layers of textures to the image.

For proper instructions, do check out the tutorials beneath~! ↓

Let’s say you are quite lazy to go through all the links above, then just pick 1 of the thumbnails will do. <^w^>/

Most important of all, you will need textures to create such effects.

For a start, you can download some textures from here:

Do check out this user’s DA for she has really nice artworks as well! ↑

So…

I hope the links above are useful and if you have done any nice vintage photos…Sheep would like to see them~ (Laughs)

Now, excuse sheep…In a hurry to leave soon. Going to watch Unstoppable later~ ↓ (Grins)

When I first saw the poster, I thought this movie only has 2 people starring in it. But after watching the trailer…It seems more than that…So yea..

See you later~!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 at 1:51 pm and is filed under Ms Aya's Papers, Tutorials. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1.  Aiko
November 16th, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Thanks for this vintage dl. Gotta use it :’)

Anyways, your layout is too cute. It’s more younger looking and so preppy. :’)

November 16th, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Dear Aiko

Haha~ Yea, it’s really beautiful theme! Very done up nicely~ Kudos to the designer ~ XD

Ooo~ Wonder what are you going to do with those textures. XD Better stalk your Tumblr to find out! (Laughs)

3.  Pittan
November 16th, 2010 at 7:12 pm

Loooove your new design! <33
And the vintage photos look nice too! (^-^)

4.  dino
November 17th, 2010 at 11:38 am

Nice blog layout! I want too ;(

November 17th, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Dear Pittan

Hey! Nice of you to drop by~
Thanks~ Vintage photos are really nice and would probably do more when there’s time. XD By the way, never gotten the chance to tell you that — your drawings are cute! Really kawaii! XD

——————-

You can get for your Blogspot~ If you like this type of design, Google “Free vintage themes”. (^-^)/

6.  bubuchacha
November 17th, 2010 at 6:38 pm

such a cute blog layout! its so clean and not that girly!

looooove the patterns!

what photoshop version do you use ms aya? cs4 or cs5?!

7.  Monkeyd
November 18th, 2010 at 6:03 am

Cool theme. I really considered using a diary-theme for my blog. But decided not to since I wanted to post some photos and posting photos in diary sounded good in my head but there were no good themes for that. I end up with a photoblog theme. Here is a diary theme I looked at: Demo (http://www.templatelite.com/livedemo/?id=8). It is called Coffee Desk.

November 19th, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Dear Bubu

Haha~ Not girly? Well…the content of this blog can be quite girly so heads up! (^v^)/ Oh, the version I am using is CS2…so outdated huh? (^-^)lll

————————————

Dear Monkeyd

It’s quite a neat blog; for a photo log. Not sure if it poses problems to upload pictures. But I think it’s really nice and appropriate to be a photo blog. (o_O)

9.  bubuchacha
November 20th, 2010 at 10:25 am

i see, i am planing to buy adobe cs5 installer but a pirated one, im just wondering if it also works the same as the original, coz its really cheap, only 299 pesos in here

my friend also have one and amazingly, the cd isnt funky and works well.

November 20th, 2010 at 11:06 am

Dear Bubu

I think it should work well if you installed it properly. I installed cs5 before (pirated version) but I didn’t do the crack properly so each time I wanted to use it, the trial notice kept prompting me which is quite annoying.

But yea, it should work. XD