Mood: ?

Presenting to you…

My latest artwork~♥! ↓

On paper, I was a little bit proud to have drew these; a King of Spade card and a Queen of Hearts card. <—ω—>

However.. One major problem:

WHY ARE THE LINES NOT STRAIGHT~~~!?

!! Cries !!

Despite using a ruler, I just can’t draw straight lines! <TAT>/

No matter how many times I keep trying, my lines always end up crooked!

Shit… Even a ruler can’t save sheep in this department!

What about you?

Do you too, have troubles drawing a straight line even with the help of a ruler?

I think some people do have this problem whereby they can’t draw lines very well.. <;__;>

Is this a disease? <.__.>

PS: Kindly never ever assign me to draw lines for you. In such an event, I will stab you to death with a ruler! <OAO>

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 at 9:30 pm and is filed under Ms Aya's Papers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

November 30th, 2010 at 9:40 pm

i don’t think it’s a disease!!! perhaps you need to use protractor and draw rough lines in pencil first? lol well done Sheep-chan! (:

November 30th, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Dear Krayle-chan

でも難しいよ~
I tried measuring the spacings yet — むだです! (涙)
まあ、ありがとうKrayle-ちゃん。優しい人ですね、Krayle-ちゃんは。

3.  TheRocketLife
November 30th, 2010 at 11:19 pm

The concept for those illustrations is very cool in my opinion. Nice Job!.

4.  Pittan
December 1st, 2010 at 2:43 am

Awww I like the concept too! b(* – *)d
I draw with pc only so no problem with straight lines lol SAI&Photoshop for the win! lol

5.  bubuchacha
December 1st, 2010 at 10:32 am

your drawings got better and better each time ms aya! I envy you :)

the lines arent that noticeable, dont fret! the drawing is more worth watching and is highlighted than those lines

as for me, i have problems with drawing a perfect circle, or even an ordinary one huhuhu

December 2nd, 2010 at 10:42 am

well that’s okay, it means you’re not meant to work within boundaries, right! hahahaha!! the worse one is if you can’t draw symmetrical faces….. like me ):

7.  Monkeyd
December 2nd, 2010 at 5:45 pm

@Aya
Since the rulers I use are rectangular (I have seen many that are not), I always try to align the bottom of the ruler to the edge of the page to make straight lines.

@bubuchacha
I think it is the most common problem. I myself cannot draw a proper circle. It always sends up being an oval. I always envied my geometry teacher who could draw amazingly perfect circles on the blackboard without using those tools.

@krayle
It is weird coz us humans don’t have a symmetrical face and not many can notice, yet a slight asymmetry in a drawing can be easily be spotted and might even distort the actual intent.

8.  Dino
December 2nd, 2010 at 10:45 pm

OAO ~~~ disease? USO!~ NO WAY!~ XD I guess is the balancing part of sheeo-chan is weak kana. Some ppl can draw straight line without ruler O___O …

I can’t even tear a 2-pages-long of newspaper into two parts!~ Can you imagine LOL with both hands also failed. HAHAHA

December 4th, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Dear Everyone

Thanks a lot. The concept is pretty simple; contrast of different characters or another side, which I chose to go for how they would look like if they are corpse. XD
And upon drawing this, it sort of helps me to be consistent in drawing the same figure. (^-^)/

Speaking of lines, there are people who also have troubles drawing a perfect circle! XD

Or cutting and folding papers! (o_o) OR!

When tying up your hair! You can seem to tie a pony tail right in the center! (OAO) Most of the time, mine goes to the left side, no idea why!

It’s some sort of a disease!!!

As for symmetrical face, well… I think some of us have problems with that too, such as when drawing the eyes, they don’t seem balanced. It’s much more noticeable on paper rather than in person, as Monkeyd stated. However, if we draw too symmetrically perfect — it’s really weird lor.. or so I think. (_ _)lll

10.  Monkeyd
December 5th, 2010 at 3:05 am

Very true. When I try to model a face in Blender/Maya I make it a point to do the finishing touches with the mirrored feature off. I have seen many tutorials do the same and had just accepted it only later did I realize that the model looks a little artificial and kinda like a doll if it lacks asymmetry. With slight asymmetry the model could be made to look a lot more realistic.
I hope some day I be at least a mile away from being as good as this:
and

December 6th, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Dear Monkeyd

Oh wow, you do digital modeling? That’s cool! XD

Well, good luck in defining your own version of beauty using Maya.

People can be awed by beauty at the same time, some may get depressed and loose their self-esteem. So it’s best to be honest about reality. XD Hahaha

Ok…don’t really know what I meant by that.. (-__-)

12.  Monkeyd
December 12th, 2010 at 3:53 pm

I just started fiddling with Maya a few months back. I started on a face but got stuck and left it till I figured a way out. I have been so lazy that I haven’t gotten myself to get to it.
Here is the last of the progress: