Your Brain’s Language

May
Mood: Giggly

Mood: Giggly

The last time I met my uncle, we talked about something that somehow dug up an unrelated curiosity of mine. <^-^>lll

I had this curiosity since I was a little girl but never once asked anybody, “What language is your brain?”

You know, when we think, there must be a language we use to communicate with ourselves mentally. I’m especially curious about people who learned several languages; what is their primary brain language?

I brought this subject up to my uncle and asked what language does he use to translate his mind. He shrugged and said he does not think in words but in ‘images’ instead. When he has to speak out his mind, only then he starts finding words to describe his visual thoughts.

I asked if everybody shares the same thinking method as his. My uncle wasn’t certain and can’t speak on behalf of others but he said that perhaps this is why women are more expressive in their words compared to men because women think verbally whereas men are more visual in thoughts. <^-^>

The human mind is indeed very interesting as each individual has a unique mindset. Discussing about the brain can lead to an endless conversation — hold on. Scratch that… can lead to as far as your knowledge can take you.

Therefore, let’s narrow our scope to brain/thinking language. <—ω—>/

What language do you use to depict and converse with your thoughts? Or do you have a non-verbal method of translating your train of thought, similar to my uncle?

Well, I’m thinking that most people will say that they use their ‘mother tongue’ then again — come, surprise me! <^v^>/

As for what language is sheep’s brain?

Baa… <u_u>

My operating system is in American English (which have the tendency to speak in British accent) and — sheep’s brain is very talkative. (Laughs)

Now on a separate matter, I’m going to the job agency tomorrow. Mentally, sheep is not prepared to meet people at the same time, sheep feels she need to earn money for her family.

(Sighs)

Oh please, a job that does not require sheep to come in contact with people. <;__;> (Tears)

Do you know of any occupation that has 0% social? *hopeful eyes*

This entry was posted on Monday, May 24th, 2010 at 10:14 pm and is filed under Ms Aya's Papers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1.  Sandage
May 24th, 2010 at 10:44 pm

You got me thinking for a second there girl. I’d say my brain language is 30% words and 40% images, the 30% missing is formed by all the in-between songs my brain randomly plays when I’m on “wait mode” LOL.

When you get to know more languages in depth (meaning that not only you learned them but also you fully understand their meaning in the context used by native speakers) then it’s very likely that you’ll start mixing languages in your thoughts. It happens to me that when I see a cute girl my head sometimes goes like “kawaii”, or sometimes when I’m looking for something and it’s nowhere to be found I go like “kuso! doko darou?!” ha ha ha. Recently I’ve been learning korean and I noticed I started adding new words to my brain language such as “maknae”, “byun” and “gwi yeo wun” xD. Of course my thoughts mainly come in and out in spanish, my mother’s language.

2.  dino-chan
May 24th, 2010 at 10:49 pm

LOL
sou ne! never think of this….

Eto, if me ~ I use Cantonese to interpret my mind desu LOL
But, of course sometimes I use visual instead, and automatically I want to use Cantonese to explain it out.

Guess my answer for both is Cantonese!
ahahahaha

Except, when I am staring at Japanese food, I will use Japanese to interpret LOL LOL weird ne?

3.  Daisuke
May 26th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Hmmm….brain language huh….well i guess i’m also similar to your uncle…..of being visually literate mentally…..and it’s language is multilingual….with different languages…..haahaahaha….(intel duo core processor inside….) heheheheh….anyway….jobs with 0% social……??? highly unlikely…..unless your permanent job is being the IT programmer or website developer who sits on their a£* all day long in front of their computer screens…..(-______-)….

May 30th, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Sheep-chan! *glomps*

I think it depends what kind of person you are? some people operate with words, others like your uncle with images, others perhaps with sound or smell. the question about the brain’s language is quite interesting too! i THINK that i think in english. but i have occasionally caught myself thinking in chinese. hrmmmmmm…. (:

May 31st, 2010 at 11:17 am

Argh! Sheep forgotten to reply here!

Dear Sand

Now that you mentioned it, before this sheep never thought of music taking up our brain’s attention. (o_o)

Unknowingly, it does! Sometimes sheep have problems sleeping because a song keeps looping in her head. It happens to everyone, ne?

Hehe, can we brainwash people using music かな~

え~Sand’s brain language is expanding.すごい。。。

私も同じです!
I’d usually go like, “Mendokusei, doko ichatta no?”

By the way, good to see your blog up again! (^-^*)/

———————————————————-

So that means when Dino-chan wants to say or write something in English, then she has to start translating from Cantonese to English?

(Laughs) See Japanese things, sure mind will automatically think in Japanese~!

———————————————————-

Dear Daisuke

(Sighs) Sheep realizes that there is no such job that has absolutely no social life. Would like one that is not too socially active…

Guess other than computer jobs, there aren’t any? Nuuu!

Art group also requires lots of social work ka?

———————————————————

Dear Krayle-chan

(returns glomps)

i THINK that i think in english

Sound and smell? That’s new. We can recognize and identify a smell or sound but to think with those senses? Only blind and deaf people do that? (@_@) しらないよ~~

6.  lily
May 31st, 2010 at 2:51 pm

hmm…. my brain is about %90 pics %5 words %5 random gibberish…

if i dont get enough sleep then it’s %50 gibberish…..

Sheep~~ by the way… i changed url… lol :D

June 2nd, 2010 at 12:14 am

Dear Lily

Hahaha!

Oh, cool. Stalk you in your new blog then~!

8.  Daisuke
June 2nd, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Sheep chan>> Much as i like to say no….but Yep!!….therefore in conclusion all jobs require social work….be it normal working positions or part time art groups…..-nods….-…..(-_____-)……

9.  lily
June 19th, 2010 at 9:41 am

lol! (wow ur new theme is confusing…maybe just for the gibberish girl, anyway…i love it.)

D: what the point when I know ur already stalking me!?! (u shouldn’t have given that away…)

anyway…. exchange links?

June 19th, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Sorry for the confusion. (_ _)

Ah~ I bookmarked your blog along with the others! (^-^*)

One Trackback/Ping

1. Tweets that mention PaperDiaries » Blog Archive » Your Brain’s Language -- Topsy.com    May 24 2010 / 11pm:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Daniel Castelan, Ms Aya/Sheep/Ash. Ms Aya/Sheep/Ash said: Yet another trivial blog entry by sheep… http://paperdiaries.com/2010/05/your-brains-language/ [...]