DIY Miniature Coffee Shop

Apr
Mood: Sleepy

Mood: Sleepy

In my previous entry…

I mentioned something about a DIY stuff. ↓

Well…

I finished assembling the parts~! (Rejoices)

I chose the Coffee Shop model. There were others like  the News Stand, Wedding Shop, Disc shop and more however, I think Coffee Shop suits sheep, ne? <^-^>/

Anyway… ↓

The parts mostly comprises paper,little wood planks and beads. Glue is provided by the way.

At first, I panicked when I found out that the manual was in Chinese!  But the visual steps are quite reliable as a guide. Otherwise if you aren’t sure which wood is for which part, there’s a checklist given for you to check the size of the wood. All you have to do is measure the size and then you can roughly tell which wood belongs to where. <^ω^>/

Though, some wooden parts may not have the exact measurements… <T_T>

Just got to keep that in mind and try to improvise from there. After all, it’s a self-made model so if you like, you can have your own add ons or leave some parts out.

(Laughs) Overall, I had a lot of fun assembling the little cabinets however…

I almost died doing the little, little things such as the mini coffee jars that are actually made out of tube. ↓

You have to cut the PVC film tube and then wrap the label around it. After that, put the cover over and there~ Apparently, a jar of coffee powder! (Laughs)

I skipped the coffee boxes because — they were too tiny! I couldn’t cut them properly and folding them was really difficult hence abandoned them.

I was also required to sew 2 tiny cotton bags that were supposed to be coffee bags but I skipped them too.

So after assembling the tiny parts, attach the cabinets to the inside of the box using a glue and then… ↓

There you go~! The inside of the coffee shop~ \<^v^>/

Supposed to put the fake lights but I didn’t because I couldn’t stick them properly. So I settled with this. <u_u>

As for the outside… ↓

By right, if I had screwed the sides, it can open and close like a door however, it was very difficult to install them.

Screwing is easy, but making holes for screwing is difficult! I wanted to hammer it so that I can make a hole but that would only destroy this delicate things, nay? <^-^>lll

Ah well~ So now there is a Coffee Shop next to my coin bank house. (Laughs)

It took me the whole broad day light to complete assembling the parts! <_  _>lll Wow~ If I were to do this for a living, I bet I’ll be darn thin and really have no social life! (Laughs)

It requires a lot of patience, concentration and diligence to do it. <u_u>

Anyway those who might favor this as a hobby, I think you might find this in Action City.

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 24th, 2010 at 3:02 pm and is filed under Ms Aya's Papers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1.  isabellmiao
April 24th, 2010 at 3:12 pm

WOW! so nice!! where you bought it? i might want to get one for myself.

April 24th, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Dear Isabellmiao
I bought from a stall. But I think Action City might have these because I saw them there before. (^-^*)

3.  axileejjang
April 24th, 2010 at 7:08 pm

i don’t have the patience to finish that ~ TT_TT
good job ~ i wonder if you would create a village ~ starting off with the coffee shop and coin bank house !! haha ~~ ^^v

4.  dino-chan
April 24th, 2010 at 8:31 pm

Iced cappucino kudasai!

D: I guess, someone must stop me from buying D.I.Y things.
I dun have patience at all…T^T
It was so so cute,nice and pretty.
I really wanna do it too
~~~
Maaa….just forget it.

^^ Sheep-chan sugoi desu.

April 25th, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Dear Axilee

(Laughs) Yup! A town free from lecherous men!

It’s quite fun to do it. Maybe it will be more fun doing it with friends or siblings. (^-^)/

———————————————————

Hai, dozo! (Laughs)

Sorry for tempting Dino-chan. Perhaps Dino-chan can do this together with her sister or friends? Then the model can be completed faster! (*^v^)/

6.  Saruchan
April 25th, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Lol , I WILL stab my eyes out if you ask me to do those tiny little stuff … @___@ ..

I Salute !! you must have alot alot alot of patience to do this !! looks kinda real too ! ..

7.  dino-chan
April 26th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

kimeta!
I will buy something similar to Sheep-chan’s no matter what
D:
Question is, where =.=
Today, not going to 1utama so cannot find it in Action city ;(

April 27th, 2010 at 12:57 am

Awww thats so cuteee!
I loveee to add my own touch to those mini houses too~~

I remember I usually tend at least two days to finish a whole house, I like to wait for the stuff to dry up first before sticking other parts ^-^ I did sew cushions though…I did quite a lot like grocery shop, 2 living rooms, a japanese room, a rose cafe shop etc
When I go back home, I will remember to take a photo to show you? ^^

April 27th, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Dear Saru-chan

Don’t stab out your eyes~! You need them, boy!
But it would be cool to see an eyeless monkey ranting on Youtube. (LAUGHS)
Well in a close range, it does! (Laughs)

—————————————————–

Ganbate!

——————————————————

Since it’s a DIY model, may as well just do what you like, na? (Laughs) In sheep’s case, sheep chose to skip certain things than to add stuffs. Got too tired and wanted to hurry up and finish it. (x_x)

Baa…Would be awesome if sheep can borrow some of kioko’s patience. (Laughs) Usually when sheep does something, sheep must finish it on the same day. Somehow, won’t have the heart to continue the next day. (Tears)

Ok~ Thanks in advance~Sheep would love to see kioko’s handmade shops! (^v^*)/

April 27th, 2010 at 5:42 pm

面白い!And I shall refrain from glomping Sheep-chan because am currently not very well ): but anyway, wow to the coffee shop, it looks very well done! ((:

April 27th, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Exactly~ ^-^
For example some DIY houses I did have paintings in the walls, instead of using the provided picture, I usually cut out scenery pics from travel magazines hehe.

LOL I love to do things slow since I want to get every detail perfecly right, and it’s summer so I have loads of time in my hands haha.

It’s a promise then? ^0^

By the way I wanna show you some cute stuff in my post! *squeals*

12.  Jason
April 28th, 2010 at 9:26 pm

wow that is really cool! I wonder if I can find one in Korea? Those would look really awesome in my classroom!

13.  Cassiemissy
April 29th, 2010 at 10:35 am

cool… i saw them b4 and always like it.. but never bought it as it seems a bit pricey to me as i can always get the materials and cut them myself and the price will be cheaper..haha.. but of coz, a set like this has all materials so it would be nice.. might really go for 1 if i pass by action city.. haha

good job on ur coffee house.. i like it! ^^

April 29th, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Dear Krayle-chan

Sheep is a bit sick too. So we shall not glomp each other or the sickness might worsen! (Laughs)

Thanks. It was fun doing it. (^-^*) Sheep wonders if Krayle-chan likes doing this kind of hobby.

———————————————————-

Sugoi! kioko is very hardworking, to even cut out pictures from magazines. (o_o) Sheep never thought of that! Zenzen!

Masaka, kioko is A blood type!? (OAO)

Hai! *clickie*

———————————————————

Dear Jason

It would be nice if you can find one in Korea. (Laughs) They ought to have this kind of stuffs. But putting in a classroom, wouldn’t it be dangerous? Because these things are very fragile? Well, if your students are disciplined and matured…should be alright.. (Laughs)

———————————————————

Dear Cassie

True, it can be much cheaper than the set however…need lots of creativity and own planning to build from scratch.

Sheep thought of using ice-cream sticks to build a little house but…no map to follow so scared it will turn out to be a disaster! (x__x)

If Cassie is going to do one, have fun! (^v^*)/

April 29th, 2010 at 11:33 pm

I have NO idea which blood type I am actually O.o I would love to find out one day, but probably type A according to many blood type descriptions hehe

I would love my house to look pretty and its very best^-^
Arts&Crafts is my thing~~

I KNOW RIGHT?! Cute japanese-looking things are my weakness lol

The BBQ party is super fun! 3 of the guys I like are in there *giggles* I can show you when u’ve added me on fb :P

May 1st, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Sheep suspects kioko is A type! (OAO)

Oh~~~ So kioko does have someone she admires~ (other than Ueda) *Giggles* What kind of person is he, I wonder. (Laughs)

May 2nd, 2010 at 8:00 am

Sameee thats what I suspect I am too *laughs*

Of course, I’m not a childish fangirl who just dreams of marrying my idol one day. I love Ueda with my heart but I can separate fantasy from the reality lol.
There’re 3 as I say, and the latest one is a guy who is very nicely and has pretty good fashion sense (at least I like how he dressed) He likes kpop and jpop as well, and he told me he has learn Jap for 3 years so he knows quite a lot ^^

I was impressed :)
And he has a nice smile hehe….if you’re bored enough you can search for Chevis on my fb :P

May 2nd, 2010 at 8:04 am

And please don’t mention his name on my facebook XDD

19.  Morgan
June 9th, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Hey, I’ve been looking 4 these all over Singapore but cant find em! Please tell me where I can buy them, anywhere else but action city?

June 9th, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Dear Morgan

Shucks, I have no idea. I didn’t see any shops selling these in Singapore too. (;__; )

Sorry. (_ _)

I only know that Action City and City Square in Johor Bahru do have these.

21.  twocorner
July 20th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Hi Ms Aya,

What city or state is Action City? I live in SF, CA. I’m looking to purchase one of these for myself.

July 20th, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Dear twocorner

Oh dear, I wouldn’t know if your place has this shop called Action City. I only know Malaysia and Singapore has this outlets. I’m sorry. (;__; )

23.  Blogitstupid
September 9th, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Hi Ms Aya,

The coffee shop is nice!

I bought the Gallery sometime back, and have not got the chance to do this series. I tried the other series, also DIY.

I got an extra Gallery set…anyone interested? Let me know yah…

24.  Sha Sha
October 12th, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Hi,

I’m interested in your “Extra Gallery set”….. can i buy from you… is there a pic to see how it looks like (if possible)… Thanks…

25.  icerbelle
March 6th, 2011 at 8:17 pm

hey, can you please tell me which stall you saw it at? i am really desperate to get a set.

March 7th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Dear Icerbelle

Where are you from?

If you’re living in Malaysia and don’t mind purchasing via online, you can try this site:

I bought a couple from here before.

27.  ZMOQ
March 8th, 2011 at 11:20 am

Is the back of the house (the one that you put shelves into) made of paper or wood?

March 10th, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Dear ZMOQ

The material is a hard cardboard.

29.  Venus
December 7th, 2011 at 11:47 am

Hey!!! May I knw where u bought this??? I live in SG oso but I can’t find any shop selling this kind of DIY miniatures set…;( or is there any sites that I can go and look for?? Thanks:)

30.  Jeannie
February 24th, 2013 at 4:01 am

That is soooo cute! I am thinking of making something like this to set next to my coffee corner. Lights would be awesome, especially at night. Thanks for sharing! :-)