Mood - Sick

Mood - Sick

Hey~!

After learning from kioko that LG Lollipop is now being sold in Hong Kong, I’ve then started digging for articles relating to the phone. ↓

Well, the results I’m getting from Google search engine is extremely overwhelming however, I’m just so flabbergasted that I’m not getting the kind of information that I want (which I’ll rant about it later).

Anyway… According to the following articles:

LG Lollipop is already available in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

LGE stated that they will release LG Lollipop in China, North America and Europe somewhere in 2010. If you want to keep tracks on this phone or get a rough idea on how much it cost, then visit the links above and read about them.

For the time being, I’m going to scout for reviews regarding the phone. Seriously, I hate it when people post pictures of the phone but don’t say anything about it. <`A´>

If you have been tracking for updates on this phone, I’m sure you’ve read the specs a thousand times already and watched Big Bang meddling with the phone many a times. But the thing about these articles is — we don’t know if it’s the same for the unlocked version. As in — Can we make video calls or take pictures using the front camera? Unlike how LG Ice-cream turned out, it was a light detector instead of a camera. Bummer, right?

What I really want is a decent review from an average person; like you and me. A sense of reality that the phone exist and somehow can imagine the phone in my palms.

Although I don’t have any intentions on getting myself a LG Lollipop, if given a chance, I would like to have the honor to review it. (Laughs)

I love reviewing cellphones!

Oh yea, it seems there are 2 additional colors of the LG Lollipop available in Korea~. ↓

From what I’m getting out of the Google search results, a lot of people are dying to get their hands on the LG Lollipop. This is mass murder, people! <OAO>

Baa… <u_u>

This is Ms Aya who is not feeling so well, logging out. <—ω—>/

PS: Please don’t ask me when is it coming to Malaysia, Singapore or elsewhere. I have no idea. Once I do know something, I’ll share the information via Twitter and my blog.

Related Entries:

Tags: ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 at 8:47 pm and is filed under Announcements, Reviews. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1.  Selene
January 3rd, 2010 at 8:54 pm

AAAHHH!!! Did you just say BIG BANG..LOL!!! I WANT IT~~~~~ My next target but ppl say LG phones suck..:(

2.  dino-chan
January 3rd, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Aaa…Lollipop.
I reviewed it before in my blog last year..(quite long ago, I mean blogspot).
And I dun think Malaysia will have it yet because of the unlock version. Even last year, they told to the world that they wanted to focus on Korea market first.

It will be long~ because here released LG arena etc~ Lollipop will be later.

This is also one of my targeted phone~ And it surprises me that 2 new colours appeared? LOL What a demand!~

hahaha~ Sheep-chan please take care ne?

January 3rd, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Dear Selene
I’ve only used one LG phone in my life which is the Ice-cream so I can’t say all of them sucks for sure. Baa~
But anyway, let’s hope someone who has the phone is kind enough to give us a reliable review so that we know the phone is worth it and according to our preferences.
Big Bang — Lg sure knows who to choose to promote their gadgets. (Laughs)

But I wonder, if the phone starts to sell in Europe or North America — Can we buy online? Because I should think the version for these countries will be the same for Malaysia too as in — unlocked versions.
Oh ya~ While I was googling for reviews on this phone, I saw your blog post in the first page! (Laughs)

4.  dino-chan
January 3rd, 2010 at 9:19 pm

ahh souka O_O then probably they already created unlocked versions but want to sell there because of $$$$$???

HAHAHA really? LOL omg

January 3rd, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Dear Selene
Oh my goodness, Selene, is that you!? (o_o)
Selene Siow!?
How did you find my blog!!!?

! Shock !

————————————————————————–
They can profit extra if they sell in Malaysia and Singapore. Heck, probably should sell in Australia and Canada too.
They should know the phone is very much in demand. Ice-cream phone was like — raving all around the world!

Sou, I saw your blog post in the first page and thoughts, “Yokatta desu ne? She blogged well so it deserves to be on the first page of the results~” (^v^)/

6.  SPITxFIRE
January 4th, 2010 at 2:25 am

i don’t want another LG!!!

7.  OHEMGEE~
January 4th, 2010 at 5:57 am

:D I have this phone :D I got it from HK and I live in the Philippines. ^^

January 4th, 2010 at 10:41 am

The phones look…. delicious~ *licks lips*
i think it’s quite sad that singapore doesn’t have alot of flip phones. is it the same in malaysia?
let’s just wait and hope and pray that lg decides to sell the model in our region… kyahh!

January 6th, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Dear Spit
Is it that bad?
The functions are quite basic but I don’t think it sucks. What really attracts sheep (and probably many other people) is the external design~So so — lovely~ (Laughs)

—————————————————————————
Dear Ohemgee
Cool!
So does it function exactly as the Korean version? As in can make video calls and all that?
Please share with us a little bit of information regarding the phone~
—————————————————————————
Dear Krayle
Yea..We don’t have many flip open phones here too. I think there are more slide up phones than flip open phones!
So is Krayle planning to get a Lg Lollipop?

January 7th, 2010 at 9:37 am

Mehh Sheep-chan. Krayle recently got an N97mini so she doesn’t have much of an excuse to buy the LG Lollipop if it does come out… :X unless it’s cheap then perhaps i’ll buy it for myself without contract or sth.

It’s kind of strange because I think that quite alot of pple, at least over here in singapore, are quite fond of flip phones. whenever sony ericsson comes up with one it’s always seen all over. but yes, candybars and slides are more popular i guess… ):

January 7th, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Baa~
Souka, Krayle finally got a new phone. If you love it very much then LG Lollipop is a pass.
Well, I think a lot people like flipopen phones but because we don’t have much of those, we have no choice but to buy slides and candybar phones instead.
Today I went to Singapore and saw so many people meddling with their iphones. It’s really popular in S’pore it seems. (o_o)

January 8th, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Yes! there are far too many pple with iphones all over the place, which is why i passed it up for a nokia instead. i don’t regret (: mahhhh if only our countries technology could catch up to japan’s!!!

January 9th, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Thank you for sharing more info on lollipop!
I went to some electrical stores to check out on that phone, it seems it’s longer than Ice Cream phone right (but lighter, according to the description) but the colour certainly look catchy. (I like the blue one^^)

I checked out some more info too, apparently its standby time,internal memory and chatting time available is less than IceCream. I think we can tkae photos with the inside camera though, dunno but the outside camera is definitely worse than Ice Cream.

Perhaps I will get this after a few more years, unless some other pretty flip phones are available by then :P

January 11th, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Dear Krayle

It’s going to be a very long time before we can ever catch up to their standards. Their technology is the best in the world. (x_x)

Let’s just hope they will be generous enough to share their goodies with us~ (^3^)v

—————————————————————————–

Eh?
Overall, it sounds like a lousier phone than Ice-cream. (o_o)
I thought it would be way better than Ice-cream phone in terms of functions. Anyway, if kioko has more information regarding the phone, please share with us. Sorry to trouble you. (_ _)lll

January 11th, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Yupp kinda, but the Lollipop screen is definitely bigger and there’re more LEDs on the outer cover so u can customise more cute patterns ^-^
The camera is not actually a lot worse, just that IceCream has auto-focus and 3.2 megapixels while Lollipop has only 3.0 megapixels and no auto-focus, but has inside camera.

I guess LG wont be too nice to us afterall lol~~

January 11th, 2010 at 5:23 pm

If you want to look at a few more lovely pics, here is a great site ^-^
Just a note, the outside camera even has glittery gel stones surrounding it hehe

17.  RESHA
January 12th, 2010 at 9:13 am

erm.. wanna ask.. about the input language? does it support japanese texting ?

January 12th, 2010 at 5:36 pm

@ Reisha
I dont think so, even though I am just using LG Ice Cream but I guess Lolipop will be similar.
The input language in my phone only includes Korean, Chinese, Malay, Vietnamese, Thai, Indonesian and English (but note that I bought my phone in HK so i’m not sure whether other Ice Cream phones are the same)

19.  Resha
January 12th, 2010 at 7:19 pm

oh i see..
so is there any jap texting software tht might able to install into it? .. ;x
cz ii need jap texting.. and ii love the phone.. =[
sighs..

January 12th, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Thanks kioko, for the info. I was a bit troubled because I have no idea what languages the Lollipop phone has.

Resha, I don’t think you can install such a software into the phone because LG phones aren’t that friendly like Nokia and Sony Ericsson. Then again, I’m not sure so don’t take my word for it.

Kioko, Ice-cream phone has auto-focus? I don’t think it has. (o_o) And yeah, the ice-cream phones that are sold here also have the same languages.

January 12th, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I have no idea too but I assume it should be similar to Ice Cream. I guess I could only find out if I have the phone ^^

Apparently yes, Ice Cream has auto focus according to the official description. You can also brighten/ darken the photo before u take one. I dont really take a lot of photos with my phone so Ice Cream is really good enough. The appearance is lovely and the functions are reasonably good.^^

22.  Lockhart
January 13th, 2010 at 4:36 am

phone available at http://www.playnippon.com
all 3 colors available (cutie pink, aqua blue and boyish titanium)

23.  RESHA
January 13th, 2010 at 2:06 pm

ohh i see.. thx for the informations anyway =]
really hope to find tht software..somehow.. ;x
thxx guys =] great help

January 14th, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Yea..I prefer Ice-cream phone over Lollipop. I like Ice-cream’s buttons. They are so wide and nice to press. (Laughs)
Though the functions are very basic, it’s still a decent phone.

Eh…Why kioko don’t take many pictures!? (Cries)

—————————————————————————

Dear Lockhart

Thanks for the link. It will help a lot of people who are eager to purchase the phone any sooner~ (Laughs)

—————————————————————————

Dear Resha

You are most welcome and good luck~

January 14th, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Same, the buttons on IceCream phone are certainly part of the reasons I wanna get that phone ^-^ I did consider whether to get ice Cream or Lollipop (it wasnt out yet at that time but i knew it’d come out in HK one day lol), but at the end I chose Ice Cream because I like its keyboard and appearance more.

These days in HK I still see quite a lot of girls with that phone hehe

Cause I alwys have my camera with me~

26.  cloud
January 16th, 2010 at 5:12 am

27.  Shellie
January 24th, 2010 at 5:13 am

The Lollipop is available from many places including Ebay. Expect to fork out a good $300+ for one and most sellers only carry the Hong Kong version which has different features than the Korean version.

January 24th, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Dear Shellie

But how different are the features? (.__.){?]

29.  haekyeong91
January 24th, 2010 at 9:28 pm

hey the phone’s alrdy in sg i tink.. cos i saw it on singtel website.. but the colors are available in pink, blue n silver.. bummer eh .. i was hoping to get the red or gree if they added it in.. ^^

January 26th, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Hey, you are right!
I saw LG Lollipop in Sembawang today!
I only saw pink and blue. (o_o)

31.  Kiki3008
February 16th, 2010 at 6:01 am

Heyy I just recently got the Lollipop like last week. So far I’m not having many problems with it. FYI I live in Canada. Like Kioko mentioned before you have both the internal and external camera to take pictures, even though it is 3 megapixels the .2 dosnt make alot of difference. And you could make video calls as long as the frequency signals fit with you country’s signal. the led lights are really pretty but the only problem is that it dosnt stay on for a long time. The languages that come with the phone are Chinese, English and Korean. The one thing that made me buy this phone was because it has motion sensor games like the iphone does. And so far I dont have any lags at all.
If you got any questions you could just ask me.

February 16th, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Dear Kiki

Cool~
Thanks for sharing some information with us here.
So it’s a very good phone after all? (.__.)
How lasting is the battery lifespan, by the way?
And regarding the phone volume, is it loud and audible?

33.  nn
March 11th, 2010 at 6:33 pm

hello…..!! i want it tooo. why is it not available in Malaysia???? such a bummer!!

March 12th, 2010 at 1:46 pm

They are already out in Malaysia. I see LG advertising Lollipop. But not sure if the actual phones are available on the spot.

35.  ms. lee
March 22nd, 2010 at 10:28 am

hi
im not like “omg so crazy” about this phone cause i cant really get it but im doing a project on this phone and I REALLY NEED to know how many lollipop phone’s were sold so far in korea or nationwide .
but korea would do just fine.
so PLEASE HELP ME BY tuesday march 23. 2010
ANYBODY
bcuz my project is due wednesday.
lol PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME
that is all..thank you and reply to my email : julia_95_love@hotmail.com

March 23rd, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Dear Ms Lee

I’m sorry, I don’t have any info regarding this phone. I tried to search for reviews but all I seem to get are specifications of the phone instead. (_ _)lll

37.  HY
April 1st, 2010 at 11:10 am

Hi, do you (or anyone else holding this phone) have any idea if it can display Japanese? I’m thinking of getting it, but I need something that I can browse Japanese websites with. Could someone help me by accessing a Japanese website (say http://www.yahoo.co.jp) and letting me know if the text can display correctly? Thank you in advance!

38.  Aiko
June 8th, 2010 at 10:41 pm

uhm, can i ask something aya?

I just want to know if lg lollipop is better than ice cream or the other way around? I just want to know because me and my friend are going to buy soon.. :)

Anyways, we have the same Samsung Star, mine is just color gray :) Wish to reply ASAP ^^

39.  Aiko
June 8th, 2010 at 11:03 pm

To Kiki3008 :)

So now, any factory defect on the phone or still the same? :)

June 9th, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Dear Aiko

Well according to the specs, Lollipop is better than Ice-cream. But since you and your friend is planning to buy the phone, why don’t you both test the phones yourself before deciding?

I don’t have any information on the LG Lollipop other than it has already been released. If you are contemplating between the Ice-cream and Lollipop phone..Well I’ve blogged a full review on the Ice-cream phone so take that info and then compare it to Lollipop when you’re at the shop.

Haha, it’s always better to test drive the phones before purchasing them. (^-^*)

Sorry for not being able to help much. (_ _)

41.  Ney
September 1st, 2010 at 4:38 am

I just bought an LG Lollipop yesterday and it’s quite good so far. Mine’s on T-Mobile and I’m from California.

1. You can create patterns that appear on the phone cover.
2. There are also lights that appear on the transparent part of the phone plus you can choose which color the lights should be.
3. When someone calls, you can choose to either display the Caller’s ID on the phone cover or simply create your own pattern for that person.
4. There are 3 custom themes you can choose from (Candy, Sky and Lime) and all are animated.
5. The sounds system is very good, I love it so far, but it’s not the best.
6. The camera takes really clear pictures and you can set some effects while you take a picture. (Ex. Sepia, Black and White, Frames, etc)
7. There are also custom wallpapers, 6 for animated and another 6 for non-animated.
8. Text messaging is very easy and cute at the same time. You can change which font you’d want to use.
9. There’s a “Faves” feature. This is where you add contacts who you usually call/text/e-mail/talk to.
10. The contacts thing can be pretty confusing at first since everything’s all mixed up but then you get the hang of it.
11. The phone has a GPS Navigator, Alarm Clock, Calendar, Notepad, World Clock, Calculator, Stopwatch, Tip Calculator and a Unit Converter. I only find half of it useful though but that might change.

I haven’t tried internet yet though since I got mine deactivated. >.>

September 2nd, 2010 at 7:12 am

Dear Ney

Wow..Sounds like the phone doesn’t share the same issues as Ice-cream phone…

Thanks for contributing some info regarding the LG Lollipop. I’m sure a lot of stumblers and Lollipop fans will appreciate your review. (^-^*)/

Baa…the phone would be so awesome if it has Wi-fi…. (_ _)lll

Miss, don’t mind me posting your link here? People who are interested in the Lollipop phone will definitely be grateful for your info!

43.  Aiko
October 24th, 2010 at 3:58 pm

TO Ms Aya

Naah, it’s okay. I’d just bought a different phone last August. I was really scared (also my friend) if there will be any factory defect on the phone. Honestly, I have heavy hands, but now I’m trying not to destroy my new phone right now. Thanks anyways ~ Is your phone still samsung star?

October 24th, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Dear Aiko

Then you better have protective casing for your phone. (o_o)

And yes, I am still using my Samsung Star. (^-^)/ Still very good and have absolutely no reason to replace — period. XD

45.  Aiko
October 25th, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Yeah. Thanks but sad to say, the company of the phone still didn’t release a protective casing.

Oh btw, I’m also using my Samsung Star phone. I have two phones now. Samsung Star is great. I agree with you ;)

46.  sachiko chichi
November 6th, 2011 at 8:24 pm

i want it too..
how about purple?

47.  lollipop dance
December 6th, 2011 at 9:39 pm

like omg i too want the same mobile

One Trackback/Ping

1. “Blog” PaperDiaries Archive that trouble ahead LG Lollipop please    Jan 03 2010 / 10pm:

[...] That will release him LGE Lollipop LG in China and Europe somewhere on that’re in 2010. Excerpt non-specifically: ”Blog” PaperDiaries Archive that trouble ahead LG Lollipop pleaseView original post here:PaperDiaries » Blog Archive » Some News About the LG Lollipop Phone [...]