Mood - Merry

Mood - Merry

Not very long ago, I skimped through my autograph book that was signed by my buddies from the National Service camp. They jot down their contact numbers and left messages like “Wish You Luck in Life”, “Be Happy!”, “Keep in Touch!”, “Friends Forever!” — the kind of words you can find in greeting cards. As a bonus, they also wrote their first impressions about me. <^-^*>

(Laughs) Impressions… <u_u>

This is something we all like to know. I’m sure you do get curious and want to know what do people think of you at the beginning and whether you succeeded in making a good and strong impact to people’s minds. We want people to think nicely of us at first sight because only then we are able to win their favors.

First impression is everything to initiate a good bonding. By means, we want to discrete people who ‘I-want-to-meet-again’ and simply the ones to stay away from. We all observe, criticize, judge and categorize people in such a way.

It is our nature to be judgmental. <T_T>

Although some people denies it, the fact remains. Or perhaps a more modest word to be used in this situation: Just being cautious.

On the first meeting, you wouldn’t even think of dating a man who talks a mountain of his ex-girlfriend because you can tell that throughout the acquaintance, he’s going to drown you with stories of his ex-girlfriend. You’d get the impression that this man dwells too much in the past and it’s not going to be healthy for you. Just like you wouldn’t want a man who keeps stuttering to be the guest speaker of your upcoming event.

The importance of giving out good impressions needs no emphasis as I trust you all are already aware of it. It could earn you a friend, a lover or a business opportunity at the same time, loose them all –  Results of first impressions.

(Laughs nervously) I’m actually wondering if I’m doing a good job in making significant and positive impressions. Despite my ignorance towards people and their feelings, sheep needs a job therefore, sheep will just have to hang in there and gulp everything down the throat. <¬__¬>lll

I guess the key to creating an incredible impression is to be honest — at all times. Be yourself.

Being yourself doesn’t mean you can get away with your bad habits. You should study the situation and then act accordingly; behave appropriately.

Yosh~! Sheep has to work hard in being human! <`A´>/

So anyway, on your side — How do you impress a person whom you meet for the first time? And what do people normally think of you?

Do they later discover that they were wrong about you when they first met you?

In addition, what do you want them to think of you and what NOT to? <.__.>{?]

Baa…Talk to me~

The flow of this entry is bad so, I apologize. Sheep’s mind is very muddled and can’t seem to focus. Maybe it’s because I have not eaten dinner yet so the brain is drying up. (Laughs nervously)

PS: I changed my ice-cream phone’s look~! ↓

Front

Back

Back

While traveling, some of the flower petals came off so I removed everything. A~ah well, I like the way it is right now. Simple and easy. <^-^>/~

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 at 9:25 pm and is filed under Ms Aya's Papers. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1.  Saruchan
August 23rd, 2009 at 12:59 am

I like the new theme for the phone skin ! its simple yet kinda looks trendy ~

2.  Sandage
August 23rd, 2009 at 10:09 am

Regarding first impressions I have two ways of action and I always play by the book…my book of course.

If it’s someone I have to socially interact with, then I pull my good manners from my pocket, I try to act concerned and charming (at a decent level). If it’s someone with a potentially high chance to make it into my personal, private life then I’m prone to behave like a real asshole (specially with women), if they take it and bear it then it’s obvious they’re truly interested in going into a deep, serious relationship with me. I like to call it my “filter”. If you ask among people who know me about the first impression they got from me, words like “asshole”, “perverted”,”cynical”, “caustic”, “ironical” and “sarcastic” will surely pop here and there.

August 23rd, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Q : How do you impress a person whom you meet for the first time?

A: I smile, joke more, act sarcastically, and never show any negativity towards them …

Q : And what do people normally think of you?

A : Sorry la, like I care =P … Pixy is Pixy … Whether U like it or not … Light or Dark side …

Q : What do you want them to think of you and what NOT to?

A : Praise or Criticize me … you wish =P

By the way, nice phone u have there ! .. Honestly, it is NICE and BEAUTIFUL ..

4.  Sandage
August 23rd, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Hey, may I ask what did guys @ the NSC wrote about the first impression they got from you??.

August 23rd, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Dear Saru-chan

Cute, isn’t it? (Laughs) Glad you like it. Stickers are wonderful. You can do so much of things with them.

———————————————–
Dear Sand
*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Quote: I’m prone to behave like a real asshole (specially with women), if they take it and bear it then it’s obvious they’re truly interested in going into a deep, serious relationship with me. I like to call it my “filter”.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Good idea. I never thought of using this technique as a filter. Maybe sheep should also be a pain in the ass and see who will stick with me to the end. I wonder, how far is ‘being an asshole’ in your shoes? Elaborate, please~ There are just too many types of assholes. Sheep can’t tell which group you fall in to. (Laughs)

Oh…The guys wrote there that I — need to eat more, am nice person, like Japanese things a lot, and seldom mix and talk with other people.
The girls from the camp wrote more stuff. (Laughs nervously)
———————————————–
Dear Pixy
I don’t understand. Why would you act sarcastically? (.__.)
Baa…I think the Pixy that I talk to is a very nice person. Must be the good side of Pixy. I’m curious as to know how dark is the other side of Pixy…MMmmmm….

6.  Saruchan
August 23rd, 2009 at 11:23 pm

Yeah !! I still have childhood memories , last time I used to collect stickers and paste them everywhere !! my mom got ballistic !

August 24th, 2009 at 10:47 am

- I am a very easy-going person so normally I just smile and act friendly, and find a chance to start a conversation~ (even it starts off just with a hi~)
Depends but generally I’m more talkative when I first meet people

Do they later discover that they were wrong about you when they first met you?
- I dont know why but people who stay friends with me for not that long ago tend to drift away from me after a while, maybe coz then I got less and less to say (which i tend to do so when I no longer feel comfortable around them) and they see my other side ( I can get quite emotional sometimes so some people just dont understand me ><)

To me, real friends are those who accept and understand my emotional side and still remain close to me afterall^___^

And i got this really close friend of mine, I used to hate her coz she sat next to me in Maths class and took over most of my desk space haha but as i drifted away from this certain group of people, I got more and more close to me and today we see each other as best friends in school~

August 24th, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Dark side of Pixy is not called Pixy anymore … Is another name … I’ll tell u that name when u online =P

9.  Sandage
August 24th, 2009 at 11:09 pm

Well, the idea is to never let people know if I like them or not.

When I’m in the asshole mode (on purpose), I make lots of jokes, I criticize girls and I make lots of sexual comments. This is, in a way, a nice filter… but talking about girls it isn’t flawless coz, I don’t know why in seven hells this happens, but this kind of behaviour seems to attract them!!!!. So it’s really hard for me to make a nice friendship with any girl… and that sucks.

I see^^. I’m sure there’s much more than meets the eye about you. Oh!,it seems the girls got more interesting things to say about you… but I suppose you won’t let me know right? :P

10.  Aqila!
August 25th, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Such an adorable phone with couns and hatching chicks and aiiie. @.@;; Cute!

But yeah, I try to make a good first impression, and try my best to slowly seep my personality into that person, but if that person doesn’t like it the first time, then I won’t like that person.

Or! When I feel like it’s best for me to let my personality run wild, I do that, and eh…

Most Malaysians would jump out of their skins just by looking at a jumping jellybean singing and hopping like the world is madeout of candy clouds or something. Eheh.

Easy peasy, ice cream frenzy!

<33, Aqila.

August 25th, 2009 at 9:29 pm

可愛い!Sheep-chanの電話が。

This post is quite appropriate for me, because my second year in uni has begun and i have been busy making friends whom i should have made the last year. T_T

When i meet pple (and am in a sociable mood) i smile and laugh alot and ask them abt themselves, their family, and try to find a common topic of sorts. However, i have no idea what pple think of me. you’ll have to ask them :S

previously because i was less proactive with getting to know pple, they all thought that i was very serious. esp when i’m wearing my specs. but then one day they will randomly catch me being high and realise that they were wrong all along! mwahahahahaa~~

but recently, ne, i think i don’t associate with pple long enough to let them know really what i’m like…

August 27th, 2009 at 12:04 am

Dear Saru-chan

(Laughs) I think if you continue to do that, your mum will seriously go ballistic because you won’t be sticking stickers of animals but skulls instead.

——————————————–

Wow…Being good friends with someone you disliked at the beginning. (Laughs) I guess some people like to be friends with happy people because of the good and vibrant atmosphere they bring. And when it comes to the difficult part (i.e emotional times) when true friends are needed, they neglect their duties. Your vibrancy attracted them and when it diminishes, they leave along with it.
So yea, you can ditch those kind of people and don’t ever feel bad about yourself. You didn’t give them the wrong impressions at the start and they should know that bubbly people too can get sad at times.

——————————————–
Dear Pixy
You forgotten to tell me the last time we chatted online. (;__;)
——————————————–
Dear Sand
Now I’m thinking whether there are any guys using your filter technique on me. (Laughs)
By the way, do you get scolded (or worse than getting scolded) when making sexual comments? I would think your people are very sporting to such comments so — how about the Japanese? When you were in Japan, did you make that sort of comments? *sheep in interrogation mode* (Laughs)
Baa, they wrote comments that probably everyone would say the same thing. (Laughs)
——————————————–
Dear Aqila
I don’t get it..Why won’t you like that person? Is it because you feel rejected or something else?
(Laughs) Well, Malaysians do need to learn to enjoy and bounce around in gleefulness. Our nation seems like a bunch of dry prunes. That sucks. Though I’m not saying we must show enthusiasms by dint of crossing our religious borders.
Anyway, laughter is quite contagious. So laugh it out, Aqila!
——————————————–
Dear Krayle
Baa…Sheep has recovered. Thank you for showing your concern.
Why aren’t associating people long enough to let them know what you’re really like? Too busy to socialize? (.__.)
Haha, I’m sort of glad that I get to talk to Krayle’s sociable side. I wonder what happens if I caught her otherwise. Will her glasses kill me? (Laughs)
Oh well, I hope you make lots of friends in your second year and let them know you deep down. Also, please be high all the time. (Laughs)

August 27th, 2009 at 1:27 am

Good to know that Sheep-chan is feeling better! (:

Lol well i would disappear if i didn’t feel like talking, lol. use my glasses and reflect the sunlight to blind pple and then… RUN AWAY!!! .><.

August 27th, 2009 at 11:18 am

Most of my close friends are more talkative than me, which is a good thing coz often I’m quite short of things to say lol
Well I guess some of my friends ditch me coz they got fed up by comforting me everytime I got upset (which is usually quite sudden)

By the way my phone doesnt give me any problems and I’m still loving it so much at the moment hehe~ I hang a teddy bear on it but i dont think i’m decorating my phone yet^^

15.  Sandage
August 28th, 2009 at 7:05 am

Nope I have never gotten scolded or hit (or worse). Ha!, in Japan I was expected to be funny and outgoing everywhere I’d go. If I was not in the mood to talk or I just wasn’t feeling like talking at all they’d look at me and say things like “are you feeling sick”, “you ok?”, “wanna go out and get some fresh air?”… and I was like, “heck no!, I’m just feeling homesick and I’m curling up into myself for a while…”, and now that I think about it, no one made a fuss over any of my sexual jokes ha ha ha…japanese are indeed open-minded.

16.  Joyceee
August 28th, 2009 at 1:08 pm

hi Miss Aya,
i luv the look of your ice cream fone,
it’s very adorable, and i’ve read your LG KF350 Review as well, thanks..good job!
I’ve been meaning to buy an ice cream fone and
i still haven’t decided yet, I’m a bit scared with cons.

I have some questions, Hope u can help me out.

-Does Ice Cream LG have special characters on text messaging, ex: ä, ï,ý (like other nokias hp) ?
And

- where did you get the new cover designs of ur
ice cream fone?

Thanks in advance.

August 29th, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Dear Krayle
(Laughs) You know, your glasses can actually be a weapon. Hahaha! Beware! Krayle’s Blinding Glasses!
—————————————————
They ditched you because they got fed up in comforting you? Well, I don’t know what to say…Do you feel upset that they ditch you?
Yea, I saw your teddy bear. It’s cute.
—————————————————
Dear Sand
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~**~*~*~*~*~*
Quote: “heck no!, I’m just feeling homesick and I’m curling up into myself for a while…”
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~**~*~*~*~*~*
Baa…How do you say that in Japanese? Oshiete kudasai. (^-^*)
—————————————————
Dear Joyceee
Yes, it has special characters like ä, ï, ý etc. As for the cover, it’s a sticker; bought at Action City. It’s a one sheet sticker which you can cut out the shape of your phone/accessory and then stick on it.
Baa~ Thanks a lot for reading my reviews. You are always welcome to answer your questions. (^v^*)/

18.  wawa-chan
August 29th, 2009 at 8:59 pm

your phone is so adorable ! i love it (:

ps : where is this Action City shop ?

August 29th, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Actually i should say those friends “drifted” away from me, it’s a very slow progress but i still feel the pain of getting not as close to them as before, after all I did have many happy memories with them *sigh* I guess these things cant help happening except to move on with life and make more close friends^-^

I found something to decorate my phone afterall! *bounce* I dont really like too much fancy stuff so thats the most i’d do to my phone hehe
Pictures here and also here ~

August 29th, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Dear Wawa
I’m not sure whether KL has this shop. Alternatively, you can try bookshops like Harris or Popular to see if they have this kind of sticker.
—————————————————–
Well, maybe in time to come, you might be close friends with them again. I drifted from some friends before but later, we sort of remembered we used to be great friends and relive that moment. It can happen to you, I hope.
*clicks clicks*
Not bad. I like the ‘J’ initial. (Laughs) You labeled the phone with your initial!
By the way, did you remove the screen protector or it’s still on? (.__.)

August 31st, 2009 at 11:53 am

I hope so but still I learned to go on with my life without them, especially I already found some really close friends~~

hehe oh yes I couldnt find anything nicer than that to put on my phone^^ ohh no I still have the screen protector on, coz I just dont want my screen to get dirty that quickly